Errors Recorded by Users – Is the Facebook Marketplace down? It won’t work if you can’t reach Facebook Marketplace because of your Facebook password, the mobile software (if you’re using it), an incompatible device, or regional position problems. The marketplace is a well-known platform that allows people to purchase and sell items in their local region. Since this site is attached to your Facebook account, there are fewer opportunities to get scammed compared to other platforms.
Errors Recorded by Users
The following are the Facebook Marketplace errors are recorded by the users when they tried to access the Marketplace:
- “Marketplace isn’t available to you,” for example. You are unable to use the marketplace.
- When accessing Facebook Marketplace using FB App, you cannot find the FB Marketplace in the secondary or More Menu.
- You’re having trouble checking out on the Marketplace.
- You are having trouble viewing these types of advertising.
- In the marketplace, there is a problem with listing products.
- When you click on a product, you get an unexpected error.
These errors may be caused by a technical issue or an account limit, so review the following tips before continuing with the troubleshooting steps:
- Your Facebook account is not new and new accounts are not allowed on Facebook Marketplace and when a malicious user is barred from Marketplace, they build a new account to use the site, and new accounts are not allowed on Marketplace to stop this activity.
- You are between the ages of 18 and 18, as anyone under that age is not permitted to use Facebook Marketplace.
- You’re using the most recent version of the Facebook app, as older versions of the app can cause problems with the Facebook Marketplace.
- You are in a Facebook Marketplace-enabled region, as Facebook Marketplace is only available in 70 countries.
- You previously resided in a permitted country and have now relocated to a prohibited country.
- You’re speaking in a language that’s permitted on Facebook Marketplace.
- You have a Facebook Marketplace-compatible computer. iOS users have restricted access to Facebook Marketplace. Support devices are iPhone, iPad, Mac. If you’re using an iPod, you won’t be able to use it.
Ways to Solve Facebook Marketplace not Working
Now let us begin the troubleshooting process.
Clear the Cache and Temporary Data
When you’re using Facebook Marketplace in the system’s web browser and it unexpectedly stops working, your online experience can be hampered by the system’s browser cache or temporary data. In that case, clearing the cache or temporary data might be sufficient to resolve the issue. We’ll clear Chrome’s cache and temporary data for demonstration purposes.
- Open Chrome on your screen.
- Click on Profile Picture, which is located just beside the hamburger menu (the dots), and then on your Gmail address in the resulting menu. Select the Profile Image.
- A window should be turned off in the Settings menu. Sync should be disabled.
- At the top right, click on Hamburger Menu (the 3 dots) (the 3 dots).
- Click More options, then Clear browsing data from the Sub-Menu. Clear Your Browsing History
- Choose a time range, like the Last hour or All time.
- Select the categories that you want to be deleted. You may also sign out only to clear data on the computer while holding it in your Gmail account.
- Clear the data by clicking the Clear button. Options for Clearing Browsing Data.
If you’re not using Chrome, you’ll need to follow the steps for your particular browser. If you’re using Facebook Marketplace on a mobile device, you can clear the app cache and data by visiting the following help articles. This holds true for both Android and iOS.
Try using the Facebook Marketplace again after clearing the cache and temporary data; if the problem persists, move on to the next solution.
Disable 3rd Party Add-ons
Third-party add-ons/plugins/extensions are supported by most web browsers. These add-ons enhance the functionality and features of the web browser. A malicious add-on or extension may cause Facebook to act strangely, and these add-ons give third parties access to your Facebook account information, allowing them to view, copy, and even edit it. When Facebook detects unusual activity on your account, it has the ability to restrict access.
As a result, removing the add-ons from your web browser can solve your issue. Follow the instructions unique to your browser to uninstall browser add-ons; for demonstration purposes, we’ll remove third-party extensions from Chrome.
- Open Chrome on your screen.
- Click the Hamburger Menu (the three dots) in the top right corner, then More Tools in the menu that appears, and then Extensions in the sub-menu that appears. Chrome Extensions should be open.
- Delete the extension you want to remove by clicking Remove at the bottom of the box. Under Extension Name, click Remove.
- By clicking Remove, you confirm your decision. Confirm the extension’s removal
If you’re not using Chrome, you’ll need to follow the steps for your particular browser. After removing the malicious add-ons, extensions, and other items, check to see if the issue has been resolved; if not, move on to the next solution.
Try a Different Browser
If you use a browser to access Facebook Marketplace and that browser has compatibility or usability issues with Facebook Marketplace, you can experience issues with Facebook Marketplace not working. In that case, using a different browser to access the Facebook Marketplace could help.
- Download and installs another browser of your liking.
- Run that Browser.
- Visit Facebook Marketplace and see if the problem is solved.
If not, move to the next solution.
Reinstall the Application
If you’re having trouble accessing the Facebook Marketplace on your phone, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If you have an iPhone, go to the App Store, and if you have an Android device, go to the PlayStore.
Check if the issue has been resolved after reinstalling the Facebook App; if not, move on to the next solution.
Revoke your Removed Facebook Marketplace Access.
The Facebook Marketplace has community rules, and if you break them, Facebook will deactivate your account and you will no longer be able to use the Facebook Marketplace. If you’re certain you didn’t break any Marketplace culture rules. Then, to regain access to the Marketplace, follow the steps below.
- Go to your Facebook account and log in.
- Login to Facebook
- Click the Marketplace button. Facebook now has a marketplace. Select Request Review from the drop-down menu.
- Please complete the Request form.
- The Facebook Team will respond to your appeal in a few days.
- Every day, check your Support inbox.
When your appeal is approved, you will be able to use the Marketplace.
Hopefully, the Facebook Marketplace “Errors Recorded by Users” bug has been resolved. If not then try to use Facebook Marketplace on another device to see if Facebook Marketplace has an issue with your device.